Thursday, March 17, 2011

Craft: Rainbows


We did manage to make a rainbow craft for St. Patrick's Day. Honestly, this craft is better for older children as the chenille sticks hold better with hot glue.

Start with pairs of matching lids (we eat a lot of Greek yogurt around here). I wanted these rainbows to stand up, so I used hot glue to attach a clothespin to the back of each lid.


Give each child a set of lids.


Let the children fill each lid with glue and then stick the cotton balls to the glue to form the clouds.


Flip the lids over and give each child one pipe cleaner of each color. They will need to trim a little off each color except the red (I did this before I gave them to the kids). Have them bend the sticks into the shape of a rainbow and then glue them to the back of the lids.


Once dry, stand up and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute one. I think I could do this with nursery, but just use paper circles. They would have fun bending the pipe cleaners and sticking on the cotton. Adults might have to do the rest.

    ReplyDelete