Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recipes: Pies


All of the recipes for these pies can be found back at this post, but I thought I'd let you know what we thought about the recipes that were new to me.

The pie above is the Panna Cotta Pie from Martha's site. It is a very grown-up dessert. The pie is not very sweet, has a good flavor and it absolutely gorgeous with the poached fruits on top. If I were to make it again, I would make more filling - it seemed like it needed more in the filling to crust ratio. The filling sets up quite firm.


This is the Chocolate Mousse pie - so easy and sooooooo rich. I can never eat a whole slice of this pie, but the kids love it!


One of my favorite pies and I usually do not like peanut butter and chocolate. This pie is light and guaranteed to become everyone's new favorite pie. The recipe makes two pies - you do not want to try and make one really thick pie instead as the filling will not set up firmly and you will have to use a spoon to serve it (that has never happened to me - OK it has).


Finally, this is the Lemon Cream pie - I was going to make Martha's version, but I opted from one on epicurious instead.. Light and delicious and the first pie gone at Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment