Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Can't Take Her Anywhere


Two thirds of the way through my run on Saturday (do you like how I make it sound like that is a regular occurrence?) Sophie stopped her bike to examine this freakishly enormous salamander. Even though it is clearly a mutant of some sort, she insisted on bringing it home. She tied her coat around her waist with the hood facing forward and tucked the creature in there for the ride. Luckily it escaped after a day and no, I did not let it in the house despite the puppy dog eyes.


You should know that on Saturday while visiting the Arboretum, she found a dead cockroach on the ground and tucked it into her pocket to bring home for her bug lab. Just think about that the next time you are doing laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that's really gross. I was already thinking about your laundry when you said she tucked that nasty salamander into her hood. Yuck! She sure is one funny girl!

    ReplyDelete