Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipe: No-Bake Cheesecake


I can't remember if I have ever shared this simple recipe before. It is one my Grandma Johnson shared with me a lifetime ago and the first recipe I ever memorized. It is the perfect dessert to share as it is made in it's own portable container.

Buy a graham cracker crust. In mixer beat one package room temp cream cheese (This is important - microwave yours a bit if you forgot to set your cream cheese out the night before otherwise you will have lumps. No one likes lumps.), one jar sweetened condensed milk, one teaspoon good vanilla (TJMaxx has my favorite vanilla again - hooray!) and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from a lemon, not a bottle). Beat until fluffy and dump into crust. Top with cherry pie filling in the winter, fresh strawberries, raspberries or mangoes in the summer. Refrigerate overnight or most of the day - or if you are like me and need it to set up quickly, set it outside in a snowbank for an hour or two.

That's it. It is delicious and is one of those perfect breakfast substitute kind of desserts - dairy, fruit . . . right?

1 comment:

  1. This is a classic recipe, one of my first recipes I conquered as a single adult!!gosh ...25 years ago!!
    love it and thanks for stopping in to see me!
    Aloha
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete