Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crafy Failure

Lest you think all of our crafts turn out lovely and perfect every time, I give you our latest craft failure (one of many along the way). I had seen this idea on someone's blog a while ago and decided to make them with Sophie for Valentine's Day.

Mmmmmmm, yummy.

That heart is not pretty - in fact it looks diseased.


The instructions said to unwrap the candy canes and warm them in a low temp oven until soft allowing me to squeeze the two candy cames together onto a stick. Um, no. Ours looked like this with oozing patches and deformed shapes. Yum.


Exactly two of them looked good enough to wrapped up like we had planned. Sophie gave them to a couple of the daycare kids.

Luckily, I had another package of unwrapped candy canes and we modified our idea for Valentine's for her class. We have a lot of unwrapped candy canes - in February.

1 comment:

  1. We made those at Christmas time, and used the small size candy canes. I didn't have that problem. Hmmm... maybe it was the size? Too bad it didn't turn out. Your craft projects are so inspiring to me! Thank you so much for posting them. I really like to do stuff with my kids, and your projects are always so perfect.

    Blessings!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete