Sunday, November 15, 2009

Barnes and Noble Book Fair

A couple of shots from the Barnes and Noble book fair the other night. Sophie and Max both had their faces painted - Calvin was too busy playing with the train.


I saw this on the shelf and it made me laugh. It is Wuthering Heights, our book club book for this month repackaged to say "Bella and Edwards favorite book!" I wonder if sales have picked up due to the Twilight reference?


By the way . . . I received this message on my cell phone this morning at 8:24am. Keep in mind, I do not text. I have the flip top free Samsung cell phone that came with opening the account three years ago. "Ron ano na ang balita sa building wara man ki update ako kay beth kumusta kamo diyan" What does it mean?!?

3 comments:

  1. my tagalog is sorta sad now but i think it means something like, "hello ron. rumor has it the building needs an update on my part. how are you (or how is) beth? goodbye." yeah stacey, i wouldn't bet money on that. it has been years for a filipino conversation = )

    bella and edward's favorite book??? wow. no one reads just to read anymore??? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, well I am not Ron so I guess I will just ignore that message! Thanks May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey, I just want you to know that I am so inspired by your strength, honesty and perseverance. You are an amazing woman. I love tuning in to your blog to find the interesting projects you are working on and hearing all of the fun things you do with your kids. I want to be just like you when I grow up- I mean it! I pray for you and your children often. Thank you for sharing your example with me. ((hugs))
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete