Friday, December 5, 2008

Tuesday

On Tuesday, I almost lost my marbles.

Suffice it to say, Monday and Tuesday were insanely, non-stop busy. With less than four hours of sleep, a nasty cough/cold/sinus issue and enough stress to make my eyes bloodshot for three days straight, I am glad much of it is over. Thank heavens for good friends with listening ears bearing large poinsettias and Belgium chocolates. Chocolate can make everything better - at least until it makes you feel bad for how fat you have become from eating it non-stop. But, that's another story and the new year is almost here. In 2009 I am going to be thin. Until then, I am eating the chocolate.

On Tuesday, we made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. I always have willing helpers when I make anything sweet around the house.

I made the covers for the evenings program with some shiny silver paper and lots of stars and bling.


I needed Tuesday evening to help me find some Christmas spirit and some peace in order to make it through the rest of this year with my sanity intact. Our ward Enrichment Christmas Program has always been my favorite activity of the year. It is always early in December and it allows me to feel the spirit and focus my thoughts on the meaning and importance of the holiday. This year, I helped write the program about the prophesies proceeding the birth of the Savior which I plan on reading again with my family on Christmas Eve.

My photos from the evening are not very good (my point and shoot camera has issues with indoor lighting), but here are a couple. Lori's home was absolutely gorgeous, as always, and it makes such a difference in the feel of the evening to be in a warm, inviting home listening to beautiful music and reading the scriptures together.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner which Kelly put together of roast pork loin with apples, Lori's winter salad, homemade rolls and roasted root vegetables. For dessert - three kinds of cupcakes. It was just what I needed and two days later (I think I lost an entire day to sleep and sleepwalking) I was feeling up to starting the Christmas decorating!

1 comment:

  1. I made the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes this weekend. The peanut butter frosting is SO good.

    ReplyDelete