Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If you love Jane Austin . . . .


If you love Jane Austin, you will adore Cranford. Bryan and I spent the last two nights watching all five episodes and I am telling you to run, not walk, your fingers over to the computer and buy the series. It is that good.

Based on several books and short stories by Elizabeth Gaskell, the production is superb, the cast is simply amazing and the script writer did a fabulous job of weaving all of the story lines into a cohesive whole.

I laughed, I gasped out loud, I wept - wept, not cried and most of all, I loved every minute of it.

Trust me. You will want to own this one.

2 comments:

  1. I've been blog surfing and somehow found my way to you! Have you seen the BBC production of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South? It is also a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I watched this early in the fall and liked it just as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete