Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Girl

This is my Sophie girl who somehow manages to get taller every time I look at her. The sweet dress she is wearing was a gift from her Grandma Erickson when she was here to visit.

Thing I want to remember about Sophie right now:
  • At age 6 she LOVES school. When I told the kids today that school was starting in less than a month Sophie cheered "hooray! I love school!"
  • She loves reading and can stay in her room for hours immersed in a good book. She has read The Magic Tree house series a dozen times - at least.
  • She still loves bugs but has decided she is afraid of spiders (like her mom).
  • When she is hungry she comes to me and lifts up her shirt and sucks in her stomach as far as it can go (she is a skinny little thing and I can count every one of her ribs when she does this) and says "look Mom at how hungry I am. I'm starvin' Marvin'."
  • She loves make believe and is always making up stories out loud with herself and with her friends while acting them out.
  • She is both a girly girl (loves her dance classes and lip gloss and dresses) and a tom boy (loves bugs, mud and soccer).
  • She sleeps in the strangest positions I have ever seen - usually like a frog or bent way back like a long arc in the bed. I can't figure out how it can be comfortable?!
  • She loves to unload the dishwasher and clean the downstairs bathroom, but she loathes cleaning her room.
  • She has my hair - stick straight. It will hold a curl for about 15 minutes!
We love you Sophie!

3 comments:

  1. A very precious girl! (You are very lucky, indeed.)

    Love,

    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I need to do this for my kids. They go through their phases so fast and move on to new funny things... Sophie looks so grown up. What a beautiful girl she is! I noticed she is wearing a cute headband with that adorable dress...Is she really into headbands right now? Jorgie love's them but they don't seem to keep her straight stringy hair off her face very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly looks like a dress my mom would pick. It looks beautiful on Sophie and she looks so grown up. I like your idea of capturing who she is right now.
    And who isn't afraid of spiders, yuck! When I was little I slept in strange uncomfortable looking ways too. My dad always asked how I could possibly be comfortable, but I was. Sophie must be the same!
    Love you Soph!

    ReplyDelete