Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Book Review

This is the book I just finished reading. It took me a while to actually finish this book- it is terrifying. The story is written by both the mother and the daughter - very honest and brutal and yet in the end, triumphant. I had a hard time reading it straight through as I kept having to stop and cry for a while - I think any mother would relate to the difficulty of the journey Claire and Mia had to take. It is an excellent book - adult themes and language. I told Susan about it and she questioned my sanity for reading such a heavy book in the winter - you may want to wait until July to pick this one up.
"An unflinching true account of a teenage girl’s dizzying, drug-fueled descent into society’s underbelly and a mother’s desperate and ultimately successful attempts to bring her back. Riveting, lively and often humorous, Come Back is a truly magical tale of triumph over adversity and of the hero that lies within each of us."
http://www.claireandmia.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stacey,

    How are you? I tagged you, so go to my blog and read the latest post. All the instructions are there.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete