Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting Ready to GO!

We are leaving on a long road trip on Saturday morning. Our destination is Glacier National Park in Montana where we are meeting my family for a reunion. It will be our first time in Glacier and we are so excited to finally be able to go. I have been reading about hiking, being in the park with kids and weather information on the Glacier Chat Page .
The kids and I will be gone on this trip for about a month (this includes Glacier, Yellowstone, Idaho Falls, Salt Lake City and Mt. Rushmore) and Bryan will be with us most of the time though he will fly back to work for a week in there.



My concerns:
  • I need to pack for this extremely long road trip and yet I am teaching a cooking class tonight on grilling pizza. I have been sauteing toppings and making dough all day.
  • I have a card class here on Thursday night.
  • The car needs to be serviced as it started blinking maintenance required today.
  • It is our week to clean the church.
  • ALL of my gardens need to be weeded in the worst way!
  • I need to hire someone to water my pots and pick up the mail while we are gone.
  • There is an ENORMOUS wildfire right outside Glacier as we speak which has now grown to over 16,000 acres. Read about the fire here.
  • We are camping two of the nights and let's be honest here, I am not a camper.
I must go get my pizza dough out of the car (a fantastic place to let it rise in the summer!).


3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I am SO excited for this vacation. We're going to have so much fun! I hope your grilled pizza class went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It is finally feeling like vacation is almost here! I am starting the packing TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could i not comment here! glad i'm not the only procrastinator. today at the pool, one of my friends asked if i was ready for our trip (we leave tomorrow night). i haven't done a thing for it other than buy an "i spy" book that was on sale. my response was "no, but i only have a couple loads of laundry rather than my usual mt. everest worth of clothes, so i'm in decent shape, right?" after the pool, i had to make a meal for someone, my dad is with me and wanted to take grace on a belated birthday shopping spree, tonight we watched the movie from blockbuster online that has been sitting on our fridge for the past few weeks, tomorrow morning i take jake to a dr's appointment and intend to make lasagna to bring with me to my aunt's house. i haven't packed a bloody thing yet, but i still should pull out on schedule tomorrow evening. right?!!

    have a wonderful vacation. glacier park looks absolutely beautiful. once again, glad you are safe (although those bugs do look a little dangerous).

    ReplyDelete