Sunday, July 1, 2007

Garage Sale Weekend






My neighbor is moving and talked me into having a yard sale at my house this weekend. Several friends brought over items to sell. It actually was a good thing because it forced me to clean out the garage (we have not parked our cars in it the entire time we have lived here!). In Minnesota sales are usually Thursday through Saturday - all day! I am completely exhausted now, but we did get rid of a lot of stuff and once we make a trip to goodwill with the leftovers, there is hope that the cars may fit in the garage!
I made some treats each day for Sophie to sell - she found that fun for about an hour and then was bored. The cheesecakes and banana-pecan muffins were the best sellers.
My biggest challenge was keeping all of the kids out of the cul-de-sac as cars were driving in and out. I set up the pool for them which worked great at entertaining them until Calvin pooped in it.
The inside of my house looks like a bomb went off as I spent three full days outside ignoring the mess the kids were making at meals and with the laundry and toys. It is going to take a week to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment